Dashboards & Visualizations

How to display store number with leading zeros in single panel in dashboard.

kumar_pashupati

I am trying to display the store number under single-panel in dashboard . But it is truncting the leading zeros store numbers.
Example: I want to display store number 002346 as it is. But it is displaying as 2346 in the dashboard.We have 6 digit store number. Please help me.

<single>

|inputlookup store_data_api.csv |where like( store_number,"$storeList$")        

| fields store_number
      </query>

</single>

It is displaying 2346 instead of 002346.

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

Hi

Give a try

<dashboard>
  <label>single</label>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <single>
        <search>
          <query>|makeresults |eval test=0123</query>
          <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
          <latest>now</latest>
          <done>
            <eval token="unit">case(len($result.test$) == 3, "000",len($result.test$) == 4, "00",len($result.test$) == 5, "0",len($result.test$) == 2, "0000",len($result.test$) == 1, "00000",len($result.test$) == 6, "")</eval>
          </done>
        </search>
        <option name="drilldown">none</option>
        <option name="rangeColors">["0x53a051","0x0877a6","0xf8be34","0xf1813f","0xdc4e41"]</option>
        <option name="unit">$unit$</option>
        <option name="unitPosition">before</option>
        <option name="useThousandSeparators">0</option>
      </single>
    </panel>
  </row>
</dashboard>
0 Karma

kumar_pashupati

Hi @somesoni2 @niketnilay and @Vijeta

Thanks for sharing your valuable suggestion.
Putting 00 in unit will be fail for store numbers having 5 digits.It should be dynamic.
Finally I got the solution and sharing my answer so that other will take help of this..

I just use the concept of unicode punctuation..I have store number with appending zero e.g.001234.But, in a single panel it is displaying as 1234. So what I did was that use the ‪

|inputlookup store_data_api.csv |where like( store_number,"$storeList$")
        | eval field="&#8234;"+ store_number
        | fields field

Now the whole stroe number is converted into string(do not use tostring as it is not going to help) and concatenate with unicode character. Thats it.

Thanks everyone.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

You can also use <html> <panel> instead of single value visualization and use the Search Event Handler to pass the store_number as token to the html panel. Refer to the following run anywhere example. The Independent search needs to be replaced with your search query.

<dashboard>
  <label>HTML Panel Single Result</label>
  <!-- Your Search Goes Here -->
  <!-- Following is a run anywhere independent search which returns static Store # 002346 -->
  <search>
    <query>| makeresults
| fields - _time
| eval store_number="002346"</query>
    <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
    <latest>now</latest>
    <sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio>
    <progress>
      <set token="tokStoreNumber">$result.store_number$</set>
    </progress>
  </search>
  <row>
    <panel id="panelSingleStoreNum">
      <html>
        <style>
          #panelSingleStoreNum .dashboard-panel{
            height: 100px;
          }
          #panelSingleStoreNum div div.single-result{
            text-align: center;
            letter-spacing: -0.02em;
            font-weight: bold;
            fill: rgb(51, 51, 51);
            opacity: 1;
            font-size: 250%;
            text-align: center;
            padding-top: 30px;
          }
        </style>
        <div>
          <div class="single-result">$tokStoreNumber$</div>
        </div>
      </html>
    </panel>
  </row>

Vijeta
Influencer

@kumar_pashupati - In the single visuallization UI, click on format,->Number Format , give Unit as 00 and Unit Position as Before. This will make a 4 digit result look as 6 digit.

0 Karma

kumar_pashupati

Kindly help me

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Going by the Splunk documentation for single value visualization, this visualization expects data to be in number to show trend/color. That's why it's converting your string store_number to number format and removing those leading zero's. Would having a prefix (say Store#:) before the value would be acceptable to you? If yes, you do an eval to append that to your store_number field.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New Splunk Observability innovations: Deeper visibility and smarter alerting to ...

You asked, we delivered. Splunk Observability Cloud has several new innovations giving you deeper visibility ...

Synthetic Monitoring: Not your Grandma’s Polyester! Tech Talk: DevOps Edition

Register today and join TekStream on Tuesday, February 28 at 11am PT/2pm ET for a demonstration of Splunk ...

Instrumenting Java Websocket Messaging

Instrumenting Java Websocket MessagingThis article is a code-based discussion of passing OpenTelemetry trace ...