Dashboards & Visualizations

How to display a details/information of the report in a scroll or text area before each report in a dashboard?

Vijaikanth
Path Finder

I created a dashboard report and now I need to give some details about the dashboard report (some 5 or 6 lines of text) like an interpretation to the user to know why and what purpose the report is used for. Now the requirement is:

1. One way of creating this Static text panel is to include tag in the xml. But for doing this, we need to edit source and change the text, right? Is there something like we enter the static text and click on submit it will save and shown in that panel?
  2. Is there any Slider control available, because if the text lines go beyond 100 lines, it will occupy more space right? How we can show a static text if it has many lines?
0 Karma
1 Solution

Vijaikanth
Path Finder

Toggle functionality will be used to hide/show the section and i implemented in advanced XML by following the below link

http://blogs.splunk.com/2013/10/21/toggle-visibility-of-dashboard-components-with-jquery/

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Vijaikanth
Path Finder

Toggle functionality will be used to hide/show the section and i implemented in advanced XML by following the below link

http://blogs.splunk.com/2013/10/21/toggle-visibility-of-dashboard-components-with-jquery/

0 Karma

jmallorquin
Builder

Hi,

Use <html> </html> in the xml to put a text.

Hope i help you

0 Karma

Vijaikanth
Path Finder

Yes we can use to put text. But we have to edit source and include the tag right.

Is that a way that you can add the content from front end or enter the details and click on submit it will save automatically.

Main thing is for small change also we need to edit the source and include the changes. is there a way to avoid this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...