Dashboards & Visualizations

How to delete cached JavaScript files pulled in by require.config in Splunk JS?

ZBhura92
Engager

In my dashboard, I have passed in some JavaScript which will do some UI rendering, but it first pulls in a compiled React component from the bundle.js file in the require.config path. What I noticed is that the compiled bundle.js seems to get cached somewhere and doesn't get overwritten if I recompile my code to that same named file. It still renders the content from the old bundle.js file. Only when I recompile the React component to a different named file (bundle2.js) and set that in my path, it was able to render the new content. I have tried doing a server reset, server bump, and server refresh, but none of them seem to be removing it. Is there a directory where Splunk saves the files specified in the require.config path and I need to manually delete it from there? As it stands now, I have to rename my bundle.js to something unique every time I make changes to my React component and recompile it.

require.config({
  paths: {
    'react':
      '/static/app/app_name/fast-load/node_modules/react/umd/react.production.min',
    'react-dom':
      '/static/app/app_name/fast-load/node_modules/react-dom/umd/react-dom.production.min',
    'dashboard-container':
      '/static/app/app_name/fast-load/dist/bundle'
  }
});

require(['splunkjs/mvc', 'react', 'react-dom', 'dashboard-container'], function(
  mvc,
  React,
  ReactDOM,
  DashboardContainer
) {
  const search = mvc.Components.get('base1');
  const searchResults = search.data('results', {count: 0, output_mode: 'json'});

searchResults.on('data', () => {
    if (searchResults.data()) {
      const FIELDS = ['Name', 'Drilldown', 'range'];
      const serviceList = [];
      const {results} = searchResults.data();

for (const row of results) {
        const service = {};
        for (const field of FIELDS) {
          service[field] = row[field];
        }
        serviceList.push(service);
      }

console.log(serviceList);

ReactDOM.render(
        React.createElement(
          DashboardContainer.default,
          {serviceList: serviceList},
          null
        ),
        document.getElementById('app')
      );
    }
  });
});
0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

Does splunk restartss work for you from CLI?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...