Dashboards & Visualizations

How to delete cached JavaScript files pulled in by require.config in Splunk JS?

ZBhura92
Engager

In my dashboard, I have passed in some JavaScript which will do some UI rendering, but it first pulls in a compiled React component from the bundle.js file in the require.config path. What I noticed is that the compiled bundle.js seems to get cached somewhere and doesn't get overwritten if I recompile my code to that same named file. It still renders the content from the old bundle.js file. Only when I recompile the React component to a different named file (bundle2.js) and set that in my path, it was able to render the new content. I have tried doing a server reset, server bump, and server refresh, but none of them seem to be removing it. Is there a directory where Splunk saves the files specified in the require.config path and I need to manually delete it from there? As it stands now, I have to rename my bundle.js to something unique every time I make changes to my React component and recompile it.

require.config({
  paths: {
    'react':
      '/static/app/app_name/fast-load/node_modules/react/umd/react.production.min',
    'react-dom':
      '/static/app/app_name/fast-load/node_modules/react-dom/umd/react-dom.production.min',
    'dashboard-container':
      '/static/app/app_name/fast-load/dist/bundle'
  }
});

require(['splunkjs/mvc', 'react', 'react-dom', 'dashboard-container'], function(
  mvc,
  React,
  ReactDOM,
  DashboardContainer
) {
  const search = mvc.Components.get('base1');
  const searchResults = search.data('results', {count: 0, output_mode: 'json'});

searchResults.on('data', () => {
    if (searchResults.data()) {
      const FIELDS = ['Name', 'Drilldown', 'range'];
      const serviceList = [];
      const {results} = searchResults.data();

for (const row of results) {
        const service = {};
        for (const field of FIELDS) {
          service[field] = row[field];
        }
        serviceList.push(service);
      }

console.log(serviceList);

ReactDOM.render(
        React.createElement(
          DashboardContainer.default,
          {serviceList: serviceList},
          null
        ),
        document.getElementById('app')
      );
    }
  });
});
0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

Does splunk restartss work for you from CLI?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...