Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create multiple tab in a single dashboard using advanced XML?

Aakanksha
Path Finder

How to create multiple tab in a single dashboard using advanced XML?

I want to create a View with four tabs, each tab containing multiple charts and tables.

Also, Is it possible to put two different charts in single panel?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

Have a look at the TabSwitcher module (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.1/AdvancedDev/ModuleReference#TabSwitcher ).

As for putting different charts in a single panel, yes it is possible by using the same panel but different groups (for instance layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1_grp1", layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1_grp2" and so on).

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

Have a look at the TabSwitcher module (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.1/AdvancedDev/ModuleReference#TabSwitcher ).

As for putting different charts in a single panel, yes it is possible by using the same panel but different groups (for instance layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1_grp1", layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1_grp2" and so on).

HattrickNZ
Motivator

hi @Ayn

I hope i am clear here so here goes:
I have the below panel, and what I want to do is add a tab so that I can 2 tabs, in total, and I can switch between, tab1 and tab2. The below panel is a chart but for example I would want tab2 to be a table for the same search. Can you advise based on your comment above?

<panel>
      <chart>
        <title>usage_licence_wanttoAddTabsHere</title>
        <searchString>index=core host="snzclakl598" elementType=USN measInfoId=117490527 duration=PT1800S earliest=-1d@d latest=@d| eval limit2=if(userLabel=="SGSN02KPR",77777,if(userLabel=="USN01HAM",88888,"NULL")) | stats max(c117492014) as whatever max(limit2) as "whatever with a space" by userLabel</searchString>
        <earliestTime/>
        <latestTime/>
        <option name="charting.axisLabelsX.majorLabelStyle.overflowMode">ellipsisNone</option>
        <option name="charting.axisLabelsX.majorLabelStyle.rotation">0</option>
        <option name="charting.axisTitleX.visibility">visible</option>
        <option name="charting.axisTitleY.visibility">visible</option>
        <option name="charting.axisTitleY2.visibility">visible</option>
        <option name="charting.axisX.scale">linear</option>
        <option name="charting.axisY.scale">linear</option>
        <option name="charting.axisY2.enabled">0</option>
        <option name="charting.axisY2.scale">inherit</option>
        <option name="charting.chart">bar</option>
        <option name="charting.chart.nullValueMode">gaps</option>
        <option name="charting.chart.sliceCollapsingThreshold">0.01</option>
        <option name="charting.chart.stackMode">default</option>
        <option name="charting.chart.style">shiny</option>
        <option name="charting.drilldown">all</option>
        <option name="charting.layout.splitSeries">0</option>
        <option name="charting.legend.labelStyle.overflowMode">ellipsisMiddle</option>
        <option name="charting.legend.placement">right</option>
      </chart>
    </panel>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...