Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create an overview/menu dashboard?

zacksoft
Contributor

I have a bunch of dashboards created.
I would like to create an Overview or Menu type dashboard.
Basically this dashboard should show a menu of other dashboard's names.
And once the user decides which one they wanna visit they click on the name and it redirects them to that dashboard.
Is this possible to do in Splunk?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

whrg
Motivator

I believe your best option is to modify the app bar via the XML file under Settings / User interface / Navigation menus.

There you can add links to your dashboards for quick navigation.

Have a look at this article: https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/addnavsplunkapp/

zacksoft
Contributor

Hi @whrg  -
Thanks, I looked into it. It helps
One question though,
-> Lets say, I implemented it, and while clicking the "dashboard" in the main menu a drop-down comes up with list of other dashboards. Can I restrict the view of these dashboards based on some condition? (My condition is, if field "field_4" has value "show_dashboard_prod" then  only the dashboard drop down should come or become visible).

FYI "field_4" is something that is always extracted automatically during event indexing itself. so this field will always be there? I just want to be able to use the value of this field as a condition while populating the menu-dashboard. 

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jethrop
Explorer

This is probably easiest. the view and saved elements also support the match keyword allowing for automatic population of all dashboards. If you adopt a naming convention you can use to create menu options and then use or with the match keyword to auto populate those menus with all dashboards and other object types that match that keyword

zacksoft
Contributor

Hello @jethrop 
May I request you an example of this. (a pseudo code perhaps)
Say if I have the value of a field "X" = "Prod"  then only show me the menu dashboard , else ignore.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...