Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a time series dashboard with different charts based on devicetype from a CSV file?

psalibindla9524

Instead, I wanna do as below
test.csv

devicetype

router
switch
firewall
sysproxy
webproxy

I would like to create a timeseries dashboard based on devicetype in different charts

router
GRAPH

Switch
GRAPH

Firewall
GRAPH

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Create a chart panel in your dashboard with this query

|inputlookup test.csv | bin span=1h nameforfieldwithtimestampinyourcsv | chart count by nameforfieldwithtimestampinyourcsv devicetype

Click the paintbrush icon for this dashboard panel, and select multiseries mode. This will show each devicetype separatel. You can increase the height of the chart panel, by editing the source to include (pick appropriate number)

<option name="height")300</option>

*UPDATED* based on feedback
You have couple of options. First, you can create a multi-series panel, like described above, using this query

index=xyz [|inputlookup test.csv | rename devicetype AS name | fields name ] | timechart values(lograte) as lograte by name

OR create three separate panels, with each for specific devicetype using this query for panel where devicetype is router (change the name= part for each panel`

index=xyz name="router" | timechart values(lograte) as lograte
0 Karma

psalibindla9524

Hi ,

test.csv

devicetype

router
firewall
switch

indexed data:

name=router lograte=20
name=switch lograte=30
name=firewall lograte=40

i would like to plot the lograte per each name in timeseries . I would like to see 3 timeseries graphs based on the name

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

What data do you want to plot for each device type?

0 Karma

psalibindla9524

based my devicetype .. i would like to look for number of devices logging or number of critical alerts.

-pa1

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...