Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a graph to drill down to another graph?

khailz
Explorer

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to this and was wondering how to create a graph that can drill down to another graph?

Thu, 28 Jan 2016 16:40:45 GMT title="Edwin Tong vs WP" link=http://forums.testing.com/this-isjust-a-tetsing/tong-vs-wp-11111.html description="Mr Tong said: "Now, 
Tags (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See this run anywhere example

<dashboard>
  <label>DrilldownChart</label>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <chart>
        <title>SourceTypeDistribution</title>
        <search>
          <query>index=_internal earliest=-15m | stats count by sourcetype</query>
          <earliest>0</earliest>
        </search>
        <option name="charting.chart">pie</option>
        <option name="charting.legend.placement">right</option>        
        <option name="charting.drilldown">all</option>
        <drilldown>
  <link>
  <![CDATA[

/app/search/search?earliest=$earliest$&latest=$latest$&q=search%20index%3D_internal%20sourcetype%3D$row.sourcetype$%20%7C%20timechart%20count&display.page.search.tab=visualizations&display.general.type=visualizations
  ]]>
  </link>
</drilldown>
      </chart>
    </panel>
  </row>
</dashboard>
0 Karma

khailz
Explorer

Thanks somesoni for your assistance. Though im not sure where to insert it in ? I have created a new dashboard for the code.

Also, separate question:
1. can the patterns be added as a panel?
2. can the below be further broken down into fields for each word ?
alt text
alt text

0 Karma

khailz
Explorer

I guess i went about another route, filtering by title instead.

I'm wondering if its possible to have page 2 display a graph instead of the raw search.

For example: when i click on "tom clancy's the division", it will show another drilled down graph instead of a raw search.

alt text
alt text

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can set drilldown for the your page1 chart so that it shows/select another graph.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.2/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#Drilldown_eleme...

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your sample event appears to be in a format Splunk should be parsing automatically into 'title', 'link', and 'description' fields. What are you seeing?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

khailz
Explorer

Hi sorry for the late reply. I am seeing 2 columns (Time & Event). Could it be i am using a rss feeder to pull the data that is why its not broken down ?

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What mode are you running your search in (Fast/Smart/Verbose, show just below the time-range picker)? If it's fast try running on Smart/Verbose mode.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...