Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a graph showing multiple metrics for a server, and have the graph change color based on the stats?

banderson7
Communicator

I'm attempting to build a status dashboard for my prod server farm, and would like to have colored graphics representing the status of a server based on certain criteria (Percentage remaining free disk space, CPU percentage free, memory percentage free, etc) and if all of those stats are green, make the server graphic green. If one of those stats isn't green change the color on the server graphic. Also, allow the server graphic be able to drill down to the stats listed.
I've attempted to use the rangemap command, but haven't gotten very far. For instance, running the following search:

index=os sourcetype=df host=ttappalf03 "/dev/mapper/system-opt" |dedup filesystem|rangemap field=PercentFreeSpace low=0-30 elevated=31-69 high=70-100 default=severe

shows the "df" line, but doesn't single out the PercrentFreeSpace field. What am I doing wrong here?
Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

NOUMSSI
Builder

Hi
you must use functions that produce a statistical table with numerical values ​​and then apply the rangemap order on the corresponding field.
I guess you have a PercentFreeSpace field that contains numeric values ​​, if not using the eval command with the corresponding formula for creating this field with its values
You can do this for example:

index=os sourcetype=df host=ttappalf03 "/dev/mapper/system-opt" |dedup filesystem|table filesystem PercentFreeSpace |rangemap field=PercentFreeSpace low=0-30 elevated=31-69 high=70-100 default=severe

View solution in original post

NOUMSSI
Builder

Hi
you must use functions that produce a statistical table with numerical values ​​and then apply the rangemap order on the corresponding field.
I guess you have a PercentFreeSpace field that contains numeric values ​​, if not using the eval command with the corresponding formula for creating this field with its values
You can do this for example:

index=os sourcetype=df host=ttappalf03 "/dev/mapper/system-opt" |dedup filesystem|table filesystem PercentFreeSpace |rangemap field=PercentFreeSpace low=0-30 elevated=31-69 high=70-100 default=severe

NOUMSSI
Builder

Don't forget to vote me

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...