Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a drill down that will go from a value on a stats table to a time chart?

codedtech
Path Finder

I want to create a drill down that will go from a value on a stats table a time chart for the clicked pool name in a new tab, I've been at this for a few hours now and I can't seem to get it to work.

Here is the current XML:

<table>
    <title>Pool Stats</title>
    <search>
      <query>index=Stuff| SERVER_NAME="$SERVER_NAME$"|dedup POOL_NAME|stats avg(eval(if(PCT_UTILIZED==0,null(),PCT_UTILIZED))) as Used by POOL_NAME|sort -Used | head 10</query>
      <earliest>0</earliest>
      <latest></latest>
    </search>
    <option name="drilldown">row</option>
  </table>
</panel>
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi codedtech,
what's your problem: to pass earlier and latest to the drilldown?
if yes, try something like this:

<fieldset submitButton="false">
     <input token="Time" type="time">
     <label>Periodo</label>
     <default>
          <earliest>-60m@m</earliest>
          <latest>now</latest>
     </default>
     </input>
</fieldset>
<panel>
   <table>
     <title>Pool Stats</title>
     <search>
       <query>index=Stuff| SERVER_NAME="$SERVER_NAME$"|dedup POOL_NAME|stats avg(eval(if(PCT_UTILIZED==0,null(),PCT_UTILIZED))) as Used by POOL_NAME|sort -Used | head 10</query>
       <earliest>0</earliest>
       <latest></latest>
     </search>
     <option name="drilldown">row</option>
<drilldown>
     <link target="_blank">/app/your_app/new_form?form.TimeFrom=$Time.earliest$&form.TimeTo=$Time.latest$&your_token=$row.your_field$</link>
</drilldown>
   </table>
 </panel>

In this way you pass the extremes of your time period t the drilldown table.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

codedtech
Path Finder

Giuseppe,
I want to pass the clicked value of the stats table(POOL_NAME) through as a search for a time chart. so that it can do this
search STUFF POOL_NAME="$THING_CLICKED_ON$" |timechart avg(PCT_UTILIZED) as PCT |predict PCT as Growth.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...