Dashboards & Visualizations

How to create a drill down that will go from a value on a stats table to a time chart?

codedtech
Path Finder

I want to create a drill down that will go from a value on a stats table a time chart for the clicked pool name in a new tab, I've been at this for a few hours now and I can't seem to get it to work.

Here is the current XML:

<table>
    <title>Pool Stats</title>
    <search>
      <query>index=Stuff| SERVER_NAME="$SERVER_NAME$"|dedup POOL_NAME|stats avg(eval(if(PCT_UTILIZED==0,null(),PCT_UTILIZED))) as Used by POOL_NAME|sort -Used | head 10</query>
      <earliest>0</earliest>
      <latest></latest>
    </search>
    <option name="drilldown">row</option>
  </table>
</panel>
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi codedtech,
what's your problem: to pass earlier and latest to the drilldown?
if yes, try something like this:

<fieldset submitButton="false">
     <input token="Time" type="time">
     <label>Periodo</label>
     <default>
          <earliest>-60m@m</earliest>
          <latest>now</latest>
     </default>
     </input>
</fieldset>
<panel>
   <table>
     <title>Pool Stats</title>
     <search>
       <query>index=Stuff| SERVER_NAME="$SERVER_NAME$"|dedup POOL_NAME|stats avg(eval(if(PCT_UTILIZED==0,null(),PCT_UTILIZED))) as Used by POOL_NAME|sort -Used | head 10</query>
       <earliest>0</earliest>
       <latest></latest>
     </search>
     <option name="drilldown">row</option>
<drilldown>
     <link target="_blank">/app/your_app/new_form?form.TimeFrom=$Time.earliest$&form.TimeTo=$Time.latest$&your_token=$row.your_field$</link>
</drilldown>
   </table>
 </panel>

In this way you pass the extremes of your time period t the drilldown table.

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

codedtech
Path Finder

Giuseppe,
I want to pass the clicked value of the stats table(POOL_NAME) through as a search for a time chart. so that it can do this
search STUFF POOL_NAME="$THING_CLICKED_ON$" |timechart avg(PCT_UTILIZED) as PCT |predict PCT as Growth.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...