Dashboards & Visualizations

How to convert date format in monthly stats lookup to daily stats format in HTML dashboard form?

Priya312
Explorer

We have two lookups in our app. One with monthly stats and another one with daily stats. I'm creating an html form where user can get monthly stats. The date format, in the monthly stats lookup will be like July2014.

I want to have a drilldown of daily stats in the same form. If a user selects a particular month, daily stats of the complete month should be shown. The Date format in the daily stats lookup is 12-Jul-14.

How to convert the date format in the monthly stats lookup to Daily stats format?

0 Karma
1 Solution

rsennett_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't think you have to worry about converting the date in this case... there are some default fields that are created such as date_month that contains the text month and date_year that contains the year. If you make those fields available and use them to extrapolate the month/year... you can use those to drilldown. There are dozens of ways to match the month value to your date field from your lookup. If you look at including those fields, does that narrow it down for you? I don't want to "answer" without a specific solution.

With Splunk... the answer is always "YES!". It just might require more regex than you're prepared for!

View solution in original post

rsennett_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't think you have to worry about converting the date in this case... there are some default fields that are created such as date_month that contains the text month and date_year that contains the year. If you make those fields available and use them to extrapolate the month/year... you can use those to drilldown. There are dozens of ways to match the month value to your date field from your lookup. If you look at including those fields, does that narrow it down for you? I don't want to "answer" without a specific solution.

With Splunk... the answer is always "YES!". It just might require more regex than you're prepared for!

Priya312
Explorer

Thanks rsebbett_splunk. Used date_month fields in the drilldown and got required result

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

This APPS why not helpful?
Date at the end of the month and the beginning of the month has also edited in the extract search the years in the select list.

http://apps.splunk.com/app/1560/

0 Karma

Priya312
Explorer

It the part of timestamp. I want to convert the Month to Days like if i select July-14, i should get 1st July to 31st July values.

0 Karma

rsennett_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is the date part of the timestamp or is this just really pattern matching?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...