Dashboards & Visualizations

How to convert TimeRangeView selected values to a human readable format in my dashboard header?

kasu_praveen
Communicator

I have a dashboard where I am using TimeRangeView control.
I would like to display the TimeRangeView control selected value as human readable format in my dashboard header.
unfortunately, I don't have the option to run a Splunk search in this case.

Ex:
Imagine current time is 14:12:00 03/09/2015, then
1) If TimeRangeView control selected value is -1m@m, then it should print as 14:11:00 03/Sep/2015
2) If TimeRangeView control selected value is -4h@m, then it should print as 10:12:00 03/Sep/2015
3) If TimeRangeView control selected value is -2d@h, then it should print as 14:12:00 01/Sep/2015

Any help on this is much appreciated.
Thanks.

1 Solution

kasu_praveen
Communicator

Unfortunately, I don't have option to run Splunk search in this case.
Anything with Javascript or otherways to convert the TimeRangeView control selected values to epoch time will be helpful

0 Karma

jandre01
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Use the moment.js library.

kasu_praveen
Communicator

moment.js works in this case. Sorry for delayed response in this forum.

0 Karma

miteshvohra
Contributor

Check if this one works for you: ... | fieldformat time_field = strftime(time_field, "%H:%M:%S %d/%b/%Y")

kasu_praveen
Communicator

Unfortunately, I don't have option to run Splunk search in this case.
Anything with Javascript or otherways to convert the TimeRangeView control selected values to epoch time will be helpful

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...