Dashboards & Visualizations

How to configure a Default Filter Tab on Dashboards View for an App?

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I created an app that contains a few dashboards, and have the navigation set up to default to the "dashboards" view.

This gives a nice list of the dashboards included in the app, but also lists all other dashboards visible to the user. You can filter this by selecting the "This App's" tab, which limits the dashboards listed to the context of the app. Is it possible to configure the app to have this filter be the default behavior?

0 Karma
1 Solution

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Found answer to this was the ui-prefs.conf file, which included in the default directory of the app with the following config will produce the desired behavior

[dashboards]
display.prefs.aclFilter = app

View solution in original post

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Found answer to this was the ui-prefs.conf file, which included in the default directory of the app with the following config will produce the desired behavior

[dashboards]
display.prefs.aclFilter = app
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...