Dashboards & Visualizations

How to color a cell on dashboard based on condition when column names are dynamic?

bhavlik
Path Finder

I have a table within a dashboard that is displaying information comparing event counts from a customer site to the event counts back here at corporate.  The goal is to easily identify if corporate is missing any event data from the customer site.  Here is a screenshot of the table:

bhavlik_0-1603913876542.png

I want to highlight any cells where "Missing=Yes" so it visually pops out to anyone viewing the dashboard.  I found this post How-do-you-change-the-cell-color-based-on-partial-value but that solution is for columns whose name remain the same.  In my table, the column names will change each day as the column names are the dates being displayed.  

Is there a way to color a cell based on a condition when the column names are dynamic?  

I also want to offer up that I am a beginner in Splunk and have no experience with using JavaScript or anything else besides Simple XML.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you don't specify a field name, it applies to the whole table, so try:

<format type="color">
          <colorPalette type="expression">if(match(value,"Missing=Yes"),"#53A051",null)</colorPalette>
        </format>

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you don't specify a field name, it applies to the whole table, so try:

<format type="color">
          <colorPalette type="expression">if(match(value,"Missing=Yes"),"#53A051",null)</colorPalette>
        </format>

bhavlik
Path Finder

Wow!  That was so much easier than I thought! Thanks kind stranger.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...