Dashboards & Visualizations

How to chart percentages data?

xvxt006
Contributor

Hi,
i am using top query and hence i am getting count and percentages in a tabular format. i took out the count field using the - field option but when i try to chart, it shows nothing in the cart. Basically screen is empty. What is the best way to get a chart based on percentages. Below is the query..

.... | top limit=5000 xxxx | fields - count

So the results is like this. Also in the chart if i don't want to have data4. Can i do that? Any help is appreciated.

xxxx percent
data1 10
data2 30
data3 40
data4 20

Tags (1)
0 Karma

xvxt006
Contributor

Thanks Bob. Actually i did that last night and it worked. Thanks for your answer.
Another question, not related to this - i have a query where i am getting dc of sessionIDs and did a sort in descending order for the to 10. Some times i see only 9 but not 10 sometimes it is 8 and when i increase sort for top 11 then it is adding one more. Do you know what could be the reason for this?

0 Karma

xvxt006
Contributor

i think when i used chart command, i am able to get the chart. Below is the query. If i want to exclude one data point can i do that? not the field but one of the data point.

| top limit=5000 xxxx | fields - count | chart avg(percent) as Percentage by xxxx

0 Karma

BobM
Builder

Just add | where xxxx!="data4"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...