Dashboards & Visualizations

How to change Dynamic Dropdown percentage and color?

Khanu89
Path Finder

I have added a dropdown in my panel as shown below. My issue is that regardless of which option I chose it shows red in the pie chart and 100%. I would like to know how I can change colors by the selection and also for the percentage to update based on the selection from the drop down.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.36.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.37.04 PM.png

Labels (4)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Khanu89 - I feel like you don't need the Type input dropdown.

Think, when you select the type="informational" all Pie chart has is "informational", 100% of the values are from it.

So try removing the Type=$event_type$ from the query of the pie chart.

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma

Khanu89
Path Finder

@VatsalJagani Thank you your input. The Type $event_type$ is the token name. If I remove that the dropdown will not work.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Khanu89 - That's what I'm saying you can remove the dropdown you don't need as you are using a pie chart that will show all those values at the same time.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Khanu89,

you can choose the colors for the percentage values clicking (in Dashboard Edit Mode) on the Value Format option (the one with the pen) of the panel, and setup the colors associated to the values.

For more infos see at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/SingleValueFormatting 

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Khanu89
Path Finder

@gcusello Thank you Giuseppe for your input. I tried this but their is option like that when I click the pen.
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 9.14.51 AM.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...