Dashboards & Visualizations

How to calculate and display new value in dashboard?

lctanlc

I have extracted the "strSearchTm" field as follows:

Using "convert num(strSearchTm) as numSearchTm | stats count", I displayed the value (which is 7) in the dashboard as the "Total number of searches issued".

Using "convert num(strSearchTm) as numSearchTm | where numSearchTm <= 1000| stats count", I also displayed the value (which is 4) in the dashboard as the "Total number of searches that took not more than 1000ms".

I would like to display a new value called "Percentrank" in the dashboard that is derived from the following formula:
"Percentrank" = ("Total number of searches that took not more than 1000ms" / "Total number of searches issued") * 100

May I know how I can go about doing it?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PPape
Contributor

This should do it.

convert num(strSearchTm) as numSearchTm | eval isOK=if('numSearchTm'<= 1000,1,0) | stats count as Total sum(isOK) as isOkTotal | eval Percentrank = (isOkTotal / Total) * 100 | table Total isOkTotal Percentrank

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PPape
Contributor

This should do it.

convert num(strSearchTm) as numSearchTm | eval isOK=if('numSearchTm'<= 1000,1,0) | stats count as Total sum(isOK) as isOkTotal | eval Percentrank = (isOkTotal / Total) * 100 | table Total isOkTotal Percentrank
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...