Dashboards & Visualizations

How to calculate and display new value in dashboard?

lctanlc

I have extracted the "strSearchTm" field as follows:

Using "convert num(strSearchTm) as numSearchTm | stats count", I displayed the value (which is 7) in the dashboard as the "Total number of searches issued".

Using "convert num(strSearchTm) as numSearchTm | where numSearchTm <= 1000| stats count", I also displayed the value (which is 4) in the dashboard as the "Total number of searches that took not more than 1000ms".

I would like to display a new value called "Percentrank" in the dashboard that is derived from the following formula:
"Percentrank" = ("Total number of searches that took not more than 1000ms" / "Total number of searches issued") * 100

May I know how I can go about doing it?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PPape
Contributor

This should do it.

convert num(strSearchTm) as numSearchTm | eval isOK=if('numSearchTm'<= 1000,1,0) | stats count as Total sum(isOK) as isOkTotal | eval Percentrank = (isOkTotal / Total) * 100 | table Total isOkTotal Percentrank

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PPape
Contributor

This should do it.

convert num(strSearchTm) as numSearchTm | eval isOK=if('numSearchTm'<= 1000,1,0) | stats count as Total sum(isOK) as isOkTotal | eval Percentrank = (isOkTotal / Total) * 100 | table Total isOkTotal Percentrank
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...