Dashboards & Visualizations

How to build a dashboard panel to show different colors based on 3 different counters?

mguttikonda

I am trying to build a dashboard panel to show different colors based on 3 different counters. Single panel should show green if the count of timeouts < 5 and count of errors <10 and response time <500ms for an API request, and should be yellow If the count of timeouts < 10 and count of errors <20 and response time <1000ms and other values it should be red.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mguttikonda,

you can set range colours for a Single Value Panel based on the value of the panel.

You can set up value ranges (e.g. red if value<5, yellow if value<10 and green if value >9) or fixed values (e.g. red if the value is "high", yellow if the value is "medium" and green if the value is "low").

You can do this by GUI.

Ciao.

Giuseppe 

0 Karma

mguttikonda

There are 3 different counters not one the same counter with high, medium or low. For single counter I know how to set the colors. But my question is I have 3 single panels for different counter to show green, yellow and red. But I want to aggregate all the single panels into one for 3 different counters and if any of the value from 3 panels red, the aggregate panel should show red and if yellow aggregate panel should show yellow and green for all 3 panels green.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @mguttikonda,

for my knowledge it's possible to set the colour based only on the Single Value panel, not on an external value.

You could collapse the three values in one omnicomprehensive value to display in one Single Value Panel, bat it isn't so easy.

Ciao.

giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...