Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add multiple attributes in single query

aditsss
Motivator

Hi Everyone,

I have one requirement.

I am creating one alert and the query is below:

index=abc ns=blazepsfpublish "NullPointerException" | rex "message=(?<ExceptionMessage>[^\n]+)"|dedup ExceptionMessage,ns|eval _time = strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%3N")|table app_name, ExceptionMessage ,_time, environment, pod_name,ns|rename app_name as APP_NAME, _time as Time, environment as Environment, pod_name as Pod_Name

My requirement is that I have multiple 6-7 ns and I want to include them in same query rather then appending.

Can someone guide me on this .

Below are my ns names:

sidh-datagraph

datagraph

etc

How can I include all ns   in single query

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use IN like this

index=abc ns IN ("blazepsfpublish", "sidh-datagraph", "datagraph") "NullPointerException" 

Or use OR like this

index=abc (ns="blazepsfpublish" OR ns="sidh-datagraph" OR ns="datagraph") "NullPointerException" 

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use IN like this

index=abc ns IN ("blazepsfpublish", "sidh-datagraph", "datagraph") "NullPointerException" 

Or use OR like this

index=abc (ns="blazepsfpublish" OR ns="sidh-datagraph" OR ns="datagraph") "NullPointerException" 

Hope this helps

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...