Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add input filters in dashboard header section

vinothn
Path Finder

Hi All,
Need your suggestion & guidance to attain the below. To get more space on the dashboard i want to move the input filters to the header section itself.(Attached in the pic).
Edited:
@to4kawa please find the attached pic, let me know if you still need clarification.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would not really recommend this, but you could move the fieldset around with jquery and with some additional CSS, you're halfway there.

$('div.fieldset').appendTo('div.dashboard-header').css('float', 'right');
$('h1.dashboard-title').css('float', 'left');

You might want to hide input titles and adjust some padding, this is just to get you started.

And as I said, I would not exactly recommend this as it is hacky, probably not upgrade safe. And I'm not an UI/UX expert, so there's probably a better way to achieve what you intend.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would not really recommend this, but you could move the fieldset around with jquery and with some additional CSS, you're halfway there.

$('div.fieldset').appendTo('div.dashboard-header').css('float', 'right');
$('h1.dashboard-title').css('float', 'left');

You might want to hide input titles and adjust some padding, this is just to get you started.

And as I said, I would not exactly recommend this as it is hacky, probably not upgrade safe. And I'm not an UI/UX expert, so there's probably a better way to achieve what you intend.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

I see your pic.
I don't know input can be used in header field with SimpleXML.

<form hideEdit="true"> is disable edit button

0 Karma

vinothn
Path Finder

@to4kawa i have tried this options already but this is not helping me to met my expectations.
Just need one information is there any way to include the input filters inside the html content.
Even by using additional Js also fine but please provide some kind of skeleton so i will work on this.

`

<panel>
  <html>
     <style>
        #filter_time,#filter_refresh{
         display: inline-flex !important;
       }
      #id_multiselect{
         display: inline-flex !important;

}

#filter_time label,#id_multiselect label,#filter_refresh label,#filter_refresh label{
         padding-right: 20px;
         padding-top: 5px;

}
     </style>

<input id="filter_time" type="time" token="tokDateRange" searchWhenChanged="true">
    <label>Date Range</label>
    <default>
      <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </default>
  </input>
  <input id="filter_refresh" type="dropdown" token="field1">
    <label>Drop_Down</label>
    <choice value="value1">val</choice>
    <choice value="value2">val1</choice>
    <default>value1</default>
    <initialValue>value1</initialValue>
  </input>

</html>

</panel>

`

i am trying to do something like this, but this is not the correct way i need your help to achieve this.
Let me know if you need any clarification on the question.

0 Karma

Sfry1981
Communicator

@vinothn

Are you able to use the below just under the title field in the panel so you can use for any panel you need?

<input type="text" token="field1">
        <label>field1</label>
      </input>
0 Karma

vinothn
Path Finder

@Sfry1981 thanks for your response but it is not working.

0 Karma

Sfry1981
Communicator

@vinothn If you add a text input on the dashboard and then drag that text input to the header of the panel you want does that work?

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

alt text
like this?

0 Karma

vinothn
Path Finder

since we can update only two pics i have edited the question @to4kawa please take a look into that & let me know if you need more clarification. (Basically i wanted to add the input filters in the dashboard header section itself)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...