Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add custom time range in Splunk dashboard?

RanjiRaje
Explorer

Hi All,

I am in need of your help. I am building a dashboard and included time range picker as input.

I have hidden some of the options in time range picker (relative panel, date range panel, realtime panel etc)

I am trying to add new time option under presets (last 15 days). Please guide me how to achieve this

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @RanjiRaje,

to create time presets you have to go in [Settings > User Interface > Time Ranges > new Time Range] and add the speifications of your new time range:

• name. name of the new time range, unique but not relevant,
  • label: label displayed in the Tme Picker,
  • Order: position in the Presets list,
  • earliest: earliest time,
  • latest. latest time.

Remeber to assign the correct grants to the new time range, to be displayed by the correct roles of users.

For more infos see at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.4/Search/Selecttimerangestoapply#Customize_the_list...

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

RanjiRaje
Explorer

Hi Sir, thanks for your reply. I tried with the above steps and can see the newly added time range in splunk web which is not required.

I need this "Last 15 days" time range (under time range picker input) under presets only in my dashboard.

Is there any XML that i can use to achieve this. Please suggest

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @RanjiRaje,

this is the only way to create time presets.

If you want that his preset is visible only for your role, you have to add specific grants to this role.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

RanjiRaje
Explorer

Hi sir, thanks for your guidance. I made it as dropdown input and provided the list of time range inputs that Im requiring in my dashboard

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...