Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add a time picker in a dashboard which uses a hidden saved search

sheeba

We would like to add a time picker in our dashboard which uses a hidden saved search. I am looking forward for using different time ranges in our dashboard. It would be nice to have the option to have it load real time, based on a pre-run saved search, and also based on a time range specified.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

Add a TimeRangePicker module within the HiddenSavedSearch. I put some example code at the end of this answer.

Following are links to 3 apps: I learned more about building dashboards from these 3 apps than from reading the manuals - they are all free and I recommend them highly. I learn best by examples and use the manuals just for detailed info. It is best to install these apps on a personal copy of Splunk, not production.

Splunk Enterprise 6 Dashboard Examples

Splunk Dashboard Examples

Splunk UI examples app for 4.1+

<module name="HiddenSavedSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1" autoRun="True">
    <param name="savedSearch">My Saved Search Name</param>
    <module name="TimeRangePicker">
      <param name="searchWhenChanged">True</param>
      <param name="selected">Last 15 minutes</param>
      <module name="SimpleResultsTable"/>
    </module>
  </module>

View solution in original post

sheeba

Thank you for the answer.

But i am looking for more of a search swap module. By default it should use the hidden savedSearch, otherwise dashboard should change with the timerange picker.

0 Karma

sheeba

Yes, i tried but the chart is not reflecting the data corresponding to the selected time range.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

I am not sure what your statement means.

Did you try this?

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Add a TimeRangePicker module within the HiddenSavedSearch. I put some example code at the end of this answer.

Following are links to 3 apps: I learned more about building dashboards from these 3 apps than from reading the manuals - they are all free and I recommend them highly. I learn best by examples and use the manuals just for detailed info. It is best to install these apps on a personal copy of Splunk, not production.

Splunk Enterprise 6 Dashboard Examples

Splunk Dashboard Examples

Splunk UI examples app for 4.1+

<module name="HiddenSavedSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1" autoRun="True">
    <param name="savedSearch">My Saved Search Name</param>
    <module name="TimeRangePicker">
      <param name="searchWhenChanged">True</param>
      <param name="selected">Last 15 minutes</param>
      <module name="SimpleResultsTable"/>
    </module>
  </module>

vsingla1
Communicator

These 3 apps are really amazing. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...