Dashboards & Visualizations

How to add a refresh link in my dashboard

shivendra_infy
Path Finder

I need to add a refresh link on my dashboard which when clicked should refresh my dashboard.

1 Solution

shivendra_infy
Path Finder

Hi templier,
Thanks for the link,but I am looking for explicity defining a refresh link which would appear as a link on my dashboard. So that user can click on it and refresh at it will.
Do you have something on it ?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nkumart
 <fieldset submitButton="false" autoRun="false">
    <html>
      <div style="text-align: right;" >
       <a href="<name_of_your_xml_without_extension>" class="btn btn-primary">Refresh</a>
       </div>
     </html>
  </fieldset>

You can remove the class="btn btn-primary" to get it as a link.
You can tinker around with div tag for formatting.

0 Karma

shivendra_infy
Path Finder

Hi templier,
Thanks for the link,but I am looking for explicity defining a refresh link which would appear as a link on my dashboard. So that user can click on it and refresh at it will.
Do you have something on it ?

0 Karma

shivendra_infy
Path Finder

Hi Templier,
It seems the above link you mentined needs to be placed in every panel.When I try to place it on top of my dashboard its not appearing anywhere.Copying my code here,Can you let me know where am I going wrong.
Not sure how to make the link visible on top.

Consolidated Monitoring

true

0 Karma

templier
Communicator

So, maybe function refresh.link.visible can help you.

0 Karma

shivendra_infy
Path Finder

Yes, I need to give a link on my dashboard which would refresh my dashboard when clicked.
Basically I need it because I need to reset the value of my tokens so that the results come correct.

0 Karma

templier
Communicator

Hello,
Maybe you need something like this .

Sergey

0 Karma

shivendra_infy
Path Finder

Thanks,
I did it using HTML Tag...Its working fine now.

0 Karma

pinksqtuason
Explorer

hello shivendra_infy,

do you still have the technique you made to make it work?

tnx

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

By link, do you mean adding a button in your dashboard which when clicked will repopulate the panels with new data?

How many panels are on your dashboard? Are they post processing?

You could create a button which will launch a search (This will repopulate the panels with updated data)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...