Dashboards & Visualizations

How to access all the results for the table to be used as variables in other searches in the same dash board

hyn

Hi Splunk Guru's ,

i am a new bee to splunk, i am trying to access all the results for a tables to be used as variables in other search in the same dashboard. the token $result.filed$ when used with event handler give me just the first result from the search table(ABCD),
how do i access all the results of the table from the search. example how do i access "EFGH"

Site_name temp_on_site
ABCD 84.5
EFGH 80.63

0 Karma

jpolvino
Builder

Hi, are you saying that you want to click on the first row, and then have Site_name=ABCD and temp_on_site=84.5 to be used as fields in another search?

Then are you also saying that when the user clicks on the second row of that table, then likewise Site_name=EFGH and temp_on_site=80.63 will be used?

If so, then inside your XML you should have something like this:

<option name="drilldown">row</option>
<drilldown>
  <set token="siteTok">$row.Site_name$</set>
  <set token="forms.siteTok">$row.Site_name$</set>
  <set token="tempTok">$row.temp_on_site$</set>
  <set token="forms.tempTok">$row.temp_on_site$</set>
</drilldown>

Then your receiving table would use $siteTok$ and $tempTok$ in the SPL.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...