Dashboards & Visualizations

How to Customize Splunk ES Notables for Incident Review?

Ryanjp96
Engager

I am looking to include certain fields that are in the contributing events for a certain Correlation Search/Notable. 

The documentation I found: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/latest/Admin/Customizenotables
This basically says you can add additional fields,  but this will apply to all Notables in Incident Review. 

My question is if other notables that have different correlation searches don't include an additional field what happens? 

Does it just not get displayed in that Notable or does it list the field with a null value in the Incident Review Dashboard?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Ryanjp96,

to display a field in the additional ields of the Incident Review dashboard you have to insert the fields in the correlation searches that generate notables, in this way these fields are displayable.

If they aren't present in a notable generated by a Correlation Search without this field it isn't only visualized in the additional fields, no Null value.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

Ryanjp96
Engager

Awesome thanks for your help @gcusello !

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Ryanjp96,

to display a field in the additional ields of the Incident Review dashboard you have to insert the fields in the correlation searches that generate notables, in this way these fields are displayable.

If they aren't present in a notable generated by a Correlation Search without this field it isn't only visualized in the additional fields, no Null value.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Ryanjp96 ,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...