Dashboards & Visualizations

How do you retrieve the number of days from the date field?

ramesh12345
Explorer

Hi,

index="sh" sourcetype="xml" status=* (Group="Connect" OR Group="health") AND (Section="Site" OR Section="Local") AND (Component="test" OR Component="test1")|dedup _time,Case|where Created_ON=Updated_ON|table _time,Cretaed_ON,Updated_ON

I want a bar graph based on the Group wise trend weekly wise for the last 3 months.

bar should display for sameday(current day cases creation),1-2 days(within 2 days creation),(2-5 days),(5-7 days) like this in x axis
different colors showing different groups.

alt text

How do you do this? Please help how to form the query

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

pkeenan87
Communicator

You will need to create a calculated field that tells you how many days ago the event occurred and then use the charts command to aggregate on the days_ago field that you have created and the field you would like to split your series. Here is an example using the internal logs where I split by the log_level field.

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd
| eval days = (Now() - _time) /86400
| eval days_ago = case(days > 5, "5+ days", days < 5 AND days > 3, "3-5 days", days < 3 AND days > 1, "1-3 Days", days < 1, "Less than 1 Day")
| chart count by days_ago log_level

Then click on the visualization tab > format > general and select "stacked" for stack mode

alt text

View solution in original post

0 Karma

maniu1609
Path Finder

reltime is the command available to get "The number of hours/days" from the _time field.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/8.0.2001/SearchReference/Reltime#Examples

0 Karma

pkeenan87
Communicator

You will need to create a calculated field that tells you how many days ago the event occurred and then use the charts command to aggregate on the days_ago field that you have created and the field you would like to split your series. Here is an example using the internal logs where I split by the log_level field.

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd
| eval days = (Now() - _time) /86400
| eval days_ago = case(days > 5, "5+ days", days < 5 AND days > 3, "3-5 days", days < 3 AND days > 1, "1-3 Days", days < 1, "Less than 1 Day")
| chart count by days_ago log_level

Then click on the visualization tab > format > general and select "stacked" for stack mode

alt text

0 Karma

ramesh12345
Explorer

It's working fine as per my requirement.Thank u very much.

0 Karma

ramesh12345
Explorer

Hi,

index="os" sourcetype="Service" status=* (Group="Data/Config" OR Group="Secure") AND (Section="Site Problem" OR Section="Local health") AND (Component="connectivity" OR Component="health")|dedup _time,CaseNumber|where Created_ON=Updated_ON| eval days = (Now() - _time) /86400| eval days_ago = case(days <90 AND days > 60, "2-3months",days< 60 AND days > 30, "1-2 months",days< 28 AND days > 14, "2-4 weeks",days< 14 AND days > 7, "1-2 weeks",days< 7 AND days > 5, "5-7days", days < 5 AND days > 2, "2-5 days", days < 2 AND days > 1, "2 Days", days < 1, "Less than 1 Day")| chart count by days_ago,Group|sort days_ago

most cases have both (Group="Data/Config" OR Group="Secure").
initially (Group is "Data/Config") then after some time it change to (Group="Secure").when i count by group,it is showing initial Group name for that case.it is not showing to current group.

i want to display count by group with latest group name(i.e case that have latest group that comes under particular group not previous group)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...