Dashboards & Visualizations

How do you get a pie chart for a specific time period to display when a user moves mouse pointer over the bar graph?

sandeepmakkena
Contributor

I am trying find a way to display a pie chart for a specific time period when the user movies mouse pointer over a bar graph.

Here is my requirement to make it clear. I put together a dashboard that displays a number of successful transactions and Failed transactions on a bar graph. Time range 24hr with a span of 30mins, 1 week with a span of 1day etc.. , I would like to have reasons for failed transactions displayed to a pie chart when the mouse hovers on failed transactions in a particular span.

Right now, I am able to display reasons for failed transactions in a suppurate dashboard and drill down by clicking on the bar graph. But I am unable to find a way to get the above requirement. Your time and help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Standard Splunk XML will not allow this but you can do almost anything with JavaScript, including a ToolTip feature like you describe. You can do this is if you click but not if you hover.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Standard Splunk XML will not allow this but you can do almost anything with JavaScript, including a ToolTip feature like you describe. You can do this is if you click but not if you hover.

0 Karma

sandeepmakkena
Contributor

Thanks Sir I did find a way around it by hiding the panel unless there is a click on the 1st one.
Small question when I am using strftime on date it is working fine on date range picker but not on relevant time range picker like last 24 hrs or last week something like this. Can you help on it please.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Yes, you can use |addinfo in the original search and it will give you info_min_time and info_max_time which you can make "disappear" by adding | rename info_* AS _info_*. Then you can pull it back whenever you need it after the click.

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is probably going to require some javascript.

0 Karma

sandeepmakkena
Contributor

Thanks Dal I did find a way around it by hiding the panel unless there is a click on the 1st one.
Small question when I am using strftime on date it is working fine on date range picker but not on relevant time range picker like last 24 hrs or last week something like this. Can you help on it please.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...