Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I use a different aggregator based on a token?

sillingworth
Path Finder

I have this search:

| rename value as "Response Time"
| timechart span=1m max("Response Time") by app_name limit=5 useother=false usenull=false

and I'd like to allow 'max("Response Time")' to change to 'avg("Response Time")' depending on user input. Is there a way to do this?

I've tried $token$("Response Time") but that doesn't work.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sillingworth
Path Finder

Here's how I've done it:

| stats max(value) as PerMinMax, avg(value) as PerMinAvg by _time, app_name
        | eval "Response Time"=case("Average"=="Max", PerMinMax, "Average"=="Average", PerMinAvg) 
        | timechart span=1m max("Response Time") by app_name limit=5 useother=false usenull=false

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sillingworth
Path Finder

Here's how I've done it:

| stats max(value) as PerMinMax, avg(value) as PerMinAvg by _time, app_name
        | eval "Response Time"=case("Average"=="Max", PerMinMax, "Average"=="Average", PerMinAvg) 
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...