Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I use Flow Map Viz add-on to design data flow between Splunk Server Components ?

dm1
Contributor

I am trying to develop a visualization showing Splunk distributed architecture with dataflow using Flow Viz App. I want to be able to show architecture as per below diagram with tcp_eps as Events/s.

To achieve this, I am looking at example 2 shown in the documentation section of the app. You can also find that example image on Splunkbase of the app  or if you have got the add-on on your local host, its link is most likely this  But I am quite confused with the instructions. It says, "Each node should be delimited by three hypens "---"." But where or how do I setup a query that will show link in that path syntax format ?
Another thing I am unsure is where it states, 

<existing query> | append [|inputlookup my_table_of_nodes.csv]

What exactly node data should the csv file contain ?Untitled.png

Can someone please help me with this ?

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...