Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I specify field order on Column Chart

CraigF
Explorer

I've built a view that renders a stacked column chart by hour. The fields that are stacked come from the "affiliate" field.

| timechart span=1h count(Order) by affiliate

There are 5 different values (CSR, Web, etc) for affiliate and I want them stacked in a specific order so that I can apply a specific color scheme to them in the stacked chart. I'm handling the color assignment using the following parameter in my view:

<param name="charting.seriesColors">[0xFF0000,0x374682,0xFF8000,0x3B6F03,0x00FFFF]</param>

Short question: how do I manipulate the order of the affiliates in the stacked columns?

0 Karma
1 Solution

CraigF
Explorer

I figured this out. I just had to pipe the results through

| table _time, CSR, WEB, <redacted>, <redacted>, <redacted>, *

I threw the wildcard on there just in case we add another affiliate in the future.

View solution in original post

CraigF
Explorer

I figured this out. I just had to pipe the results through

| table _time, CSR, WEB, <redacted>, <redacted>, <redacted>, *

I threw the wildcard on there just in case we add another affiliate in the future.

I-Man
Communicator

What happened to the affiliate field? I have a timechart based stacked column based on a field with two values. I want to re-arrange so they are switched on the stacked column.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...