Priority 1       Priority 2           Priority 3
  server         Count       Volume       Count    Volume      Count   Volume
server-1           123         2.34       10       .13         75      1.72
server-2           195         2.32       15       .19         174     1.93

However, using the xyseries command, the data is output like this:

server             count:1    count:2  count:3   volume:1 volume:2   volume:3
server-1           123        10       75        2.34     .13        1.72
server-2           195        15       174       2.32     .19        1.93

I think we can live with the column headers looking like "count:1" etc, but is it possible to rearrange the columns so that the columns for count/volume for a specific priority are side-by-side? This is the search I use to generate the table:

index=foo | stats count as count sum(filesize) as volume by priority, server | xyseries server priority count volume | fill null

Ideally, I'd like to change the column headers to be multiline like

Priority 1 
  count     
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Splunk doesn't support multiline headers. Try this workaround to see if this works for you
Updated

index=foo | chart count as count sum(filesize) as volume by server priority  | rename "count: *" as "Priority *:Count" "volume: *" as "Priority *:Volume" | table server *

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Splunk doesn't support multiline headers. Try this workaround to see if this works for you
Updated

index=foo | chart count as count sum(filesize) as volume by server priority  | rename "count: *" as "Priority *:Count" "volume: *" as "Priority *:Volume" | table server *
0 Karma

lyndac
Contributor

Works great! As an aside, I was able to use the same rename command with my original search. I didn't know you could use the wildcard in that way. Very cool!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...