Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I modify parts of a dashboard to show certain text as bold?

infra2sec
Path Finder

I'd like to bold certain text within my dashboard....for example "customer names" within a column dashboard. I'd like to know how to bold things at will if possible.

I tried fiddling around with XML, but didn't see any place where I could modify given titles within the dashboard.

Thanks for any info!

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you just want to modify the titles and texts, you could use html module/tag in simple xml.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.0/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#html

0 Karma

cb_usps
Explorer

I haven't found a way to do it with the 'title' element the Splunk UI provides for their widgets.
You need to drop down into HTML, for example (highlighted with '**'):

<row>
    <panel>
      **<html>
        <div> <h1>Host Count</h1> </div>
      </html>**
      <single>
        <search id="HostsCount">
          <query>| inputlookup host_info.csv | search AppTeam="$teams$" AND environment="$environment$" | stats count | rangemap field=count severe=0-0 default=guarded</query>
        </search>
        <option name="classField">range</option>
        . . .
      </single>
    </panel>
  </row>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...