Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I mirror a dashboard privately?

SplnkUse
Path Finder

Hello

There are several dashboards in the app created by others and there is a Clone button.

I want to clone/mirror some dashboards which will be totally private i.e. only visible/editable by me.

Will this Clone button offer that? I am reluctant to click it because I do not want to create Dashboard2 and confuse all other users!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

SplnkUse
Path Finder

@bowesmana  many thanks for this but I have not been able to find a particular detail: will the cloned dashboard automatically update when the original dashboard is updated? (I mean its query/code)?

Thanks!

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As @isoutamo says, they are separate objects.

If you want a dashboard you can edit, then having cloned an original and edit it, naturally this will no longer be the same as the one you have cloned, so if someone else makes changes to the original, how would you expect any conflicts between your edited version and the original to be resolved.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Those are totally independent knowledge objects. If you want that those queries/codes will be same later on you must update those manually or delete/clone it again.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you clone a dashboard, the clone will be owned by you and you can assign whatever permissions you like to the cloned copy. If you keep it private, no other user will see it so will not see both the original and your copy.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...