Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I email a PDF of a dashboard in Splunk 4.3 if the "PDF Report Server App" is no longer available?

Subhra
Explorer

Hi Experts,

I am using an older version of Splunk (4.3) where I have created custom dashboards. When I try to use the "Schedule PDF Delivery" option to trigger an email of dashboard, it throws me a dialog box asking to install "PDF Report Server App". However I have searched in Splunkbase and it seems the app is no longer present for download.

Could you please suggest me if there is an alternate app which can do the same as PDF Report Server or do I need to upgrade my Splunk to version 6+

Thanks a lot in advance !!!

Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well, 4.3 reached end of life on October 1, 2013, so my opinion is that you should definitely upgrade. There are built-in features to make PDFs of dashboards now, see Generate PDFs of your reports and dashboards in the Splunk Enterprise Reporting Manual.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well, 4.3 reached end of life on October 1, 2013, so my opinion is that you should definitely upgrade. There are built-in features to make PDFs of dashboards now, see Generate PDFs of your reports and dashboards in the Splunk Enterprise Reporting Manual.

Subhra
Explorer

Thanks Chris and Martin.

I will definitely try an upgrade, just that it would take a bit of time to get it done. So was looking for any alternate apps that would do the job for me till then 🙂 🙂

0 Karma

spammenot66
Contributor

You should update your environment to latest version but just letting you know ahead of time updating it will still leave you with same issue if your dashboard uses tokens.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'd second an upgrade, 4.x has long been end of life.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...