Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I create Punchcard that sorts bins with color?

splunkman
Engager

Im trying to make a punchcard to visualize incoming issues per hour in the prvious week.
This is the result i get with the following code: 

| eval issues="Issue Priority"
| stats count(issues) by date_hour date_wday

splunk1.png
splunk2.png

I really want to get more bins like on the right side so that i can assign values with color. E.g. 0<10 = green, 11<70 = yellow, 71<150=red. 

Something i need to include?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I haven't used that viz before but it looks like (from the documentation) that you just need to eval another field

| stats count(issues) as count by date_hour date_wday
| eval range=case(count < 11, "Green", count < 70, "Yellow", count < 150, "Red")

View solution in original post

splunkman
Engager

Thank you!
It worked with the Categorical color mode.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I haven't used that viz before but it looks like (from the documentation) that you just need to eval another field

| stats count(issues) as count by date_hour date_wday
| eval range=case(count < 11, "Green", count < 70, "Yellow", count < 150, "Red")
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...