Dashboards & Visualizations

How can we send an email alert with a colored table in the result set?

saurabh009
Path Finder

Hi,
We have a requirement where we need to send the email alert having tabular results in it with the color condition.
Red, green and yellow colors will be decided based on the values in the table going as a result in an email.

Regards
Saurabh

Labels (2)
0 Karma

sumanssah
Communicator

I am not sure if Splunk sends an email alert with the color condition in tabular format (When conditions match).
However, you may create a dashboard with the color condition and schedule a report (Schedule pdf Delivery) to emails.

alt text

0 Karma

nparnami

I see my table colors are vanished even by scheduling a report (Schedule pdf Delivery).
Is there any alternative to send formatted table data with colors over email

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@saurabh009 is the requirement to color cell/row as Red, Green, Yellow or to add a column with text Red Green Yellow?

Can you add more details of the SPL you currently have and the tabular result sample from the current alert email? Please mask/anonymize any sensitive information from SPL or Data before posting on Splunk Answers.

njohnson7
Path Finder

@niketnilay I was looking for an answer on this and since we already have a question posted , I thought of using the same.

I am generating alerts which is sent via email to recipients in which i have a table like format (with headers) .

For example,

System Region Value
 A            India     99
 B            USA       80

How would I be able to colour the headers(system region value) with a block colour( like fill option in excel) and the digits in Values based on thresholds ( 99 = Green colour, 80 = Amber) etc in the alert email like how
we do it in excel ?

I want this is in the alert email and not in any dashboards, is that possible?

0 Karma

sambit_kabi
Path Finder

Same here. We too have a requirement where we need to color the table cell value based on some criteria.

This needs to be sent as an email. Can you help regarding this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...