Dashboards & Visualizations

How can i make a drilldown just on a specific column of a table in Dashboard Studio?

querfeldein
Engager

Hi there,

I am trying to convert dashboards from Simple XML to Dashboard Studio, but there are certain features that seem like they don't exist.

In this particular use case, i have a table with multiple fields like user, website and so forth.

What I want is Drilldowns, which only work when a certain column is clicked:

• When clicked on the "user" column, I want to set the field of the column and row as a token.
  • When clicked on the "website" column, I want to open a link to whois of this domain.

This works quite well with Simple XML, as i can just set conditions on the field:

<drilldown>
  <condition field="website">
    <link target="_blank">https://who.is/whois/$row.website$</link>
  </condition>
  <condition field="user">
    <set token="username">$row.user$</set>
  </condition>
</drilldown>

But how do I do that in JSON in the Dashboard Studio? I know that by adding multiple entries with "eventHandlers", I can specify multiple different types of drilldowns, even though the UI just allows you one:

"eventHandlers": [
    {
        "type": "drilldown.setToken",
        "options": {
            "tokens": [
                {
                    "token": "username",
                    "key": "row.user.value"
                }
            ]
        }
    },
    {
        "type": "drilldown.customUrl",
        "options": {
            "url": "https://who.is/whois/$row.website.value$",
            "newTab": true
        }
    }
]

However, I can't find a way to set a condition on a field like in Simple XML.

Can anybody tell me how i can do this with JSON? Docs don't mention real coding with JSON.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...