Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I use the color input from the Single Value Visualization in my own modular viz?

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've seen this input in the Single Value visualization:
alt text
I would like to use it in my own visualization, but the documentation doesn't seem to cover that, all I see there are radio, text and color picker inputs. Anyone with any experience on this?

0 Karma
1 Solution

magnew_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @jeffland,

Unfortunately, the current custom visualization framework does not support dynamic formatter options. You can set it up to have a set number of ranges that get colors, but you can't make the number of ranges variable. For an example of a basic set up, see the horseshoe meter custom viz (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3166/). Dynamic formatter options are something we are looking at for the future.

View solution in original post

magnew_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @jeffland,

Unfortunately, the current custom visualization framework does not support dynamic formatter options. You can set it up to have a set number of ranges that get colors, but you can't make the number of ranges variable. For an example of a basic set up, see the horseshoe meter custom viz (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3166/). Dynamic formatter options are something we are looking at for the future.

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Glad to hear some "official" thoughts on that, I appreciate your input.
I was wondering if maybe I could just use plain HTML and js in the format menu, but that seems like monkeypatching and I don't really want to go that way. It's comforting to know that the format menu will/might see some more features in the future.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...