Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I have different chart column bar colors when comparing hourly events for multiple dates?

christopheryu
Communicator

I have the search below that produces the result I wanted (hourly average count per day for the past four days)

search | timechart span=1h count | eval weekday=strftime(_time,"%A") | eval hour=strftime(_time,"%H") | stats avg(count) by hour weekday

The chart shows four columns representing each date for first hour (00) then another four columns for the next hour (01) and so on. However, all the columns only have one color so it is hard to distinguish each date. Is there a way to have different colors per date?

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Change from stats to chart like this:

index=main | timechart span=1h count | eval weekday=strftime(_time,"%A") | eval hour=strftime(_time,"%H") | chart avg(count) by hour weekday

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Change from stats to chart like this:

index=main | timechart span=1h count | eval weekday=strftime(_time,"%A") | eval hour=strftime(_time,"%H") | chart avg(count) by hour weekday

christopheryu
Communicator

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...