Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I get the DiskFreeSpace field to be colored in my dashboard, automatically depending on the value?

carlyleadmin
Contributor

Hi there,

I am pulling physical disk info and just putting it in Dashboard. I want DiskFreeSpace field to be colored automatically depending on the value. Is this possible?
Splunk Version
Splunk Build

Here is what I have setup so far.

|eval DiskFreeSpace=round((FreeSpace/1024/1024/1024),2)|eval DiskSpace=round((Size/1024/1024/1024),2)|rangemap field=DiskFreeSpace blue=10-60 red=0-9 |rename Name AS Disk host AS Host|table Host Disk DiskSpace DiskFreeSpace|dedup Disk

alt text

I even added this to my source code

range

Thanks for the help

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@carlyleadmin since you are on version 6.2.3 and Table Cell formatting option to add colors through UI was introduced only in version 6.5, only option for you to color your Table Cell based on range of value, is to use Simple XML JS and CSS extension. Get the Splunk Dashboard Examples App from Splunkbase and try out the Table Cell Highlighting Example which can be applied to your dashboard.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@carlyleadmin since you are on version 6.2.3 and Table Cell formatting option to add colors through UI was introduced only in version 6.5, only option for you to color your Table Cell based on range of value, is to use Simple XML JS and CSS extension. Get the Splunk Dashboard Examples App from Splunkbase and try out the Table Cell Highlighting Example which can be applied to your dashboard.

carlyleadmin
Contributor

if i use the below it works on splunk Splunk Version
Splunk Build
fa31da744b51

but the same logic does not work on 6.2.3 version
alt text

alt text

0 Karma

carlyleadmin
Contributor

i added

option name=classfield>range to my source

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...