Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I generate Sparklines inside Splunk?

Yancy
Path Finder

Hi,

I'd like to create some dashboards that make use of Sparklines, so that I could explicitly track a number of key performance indicators. I've seen the Community Page that describes how to use jQuery Sparklines to bring this data outside of a Splunk 3.x instance, but it seems like this should be easier to do within the 4.x architecture. I see references to adding custom HTML & CSS in the developer documentation, but not much about adding Javascript. I'm also confused how search results could be serialized into a csv list (necessary for input into the Sparkline library). I'd probably make use of the How to use one search for a whole dashboard page as well.

Where would you start?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

twkan
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sparkline will be a new feature in the upcoming 4.3 release, in which you can use the sparkline function in your search query. An example would be:

index=_internal | chart sparkline count by sourcetype

Or you can even embed the sparkline function into your existing stats function.

sourcetype=access_combined | stats sparkline count, avg(hits) by server | sort count

If your current dashboard requirements can wait, I would suggest you hold on till 4.3 is out.

View solution in original post

bidahor13
Path Finder

Any idea on how I can create a spark line showing the latency for each virtual machine ?

0 Karma

twkan
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sparkline will be a new feature in the upcoming 4.3 release, in which you can use the sparkline function in your search query. An example would be:

index=_internal | chart sparkline count by sourcetype

Or you can even embed the sparkline function into your existing stats function.

sourcetype=access_combined | stats sparkline count, avg(hits) by server | sort count

If your current dashboard requirements can wait, I would suggest you hold on till 4.3 is out.

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

These were demo'd at splunkconf as being a feature in 4.3

camilleballi

I am waiting for this to be answered also !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...