Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I edit the legend of choropleth map

keyloo

Now I use xml to put the choropleth map in my dashboard.
The mode of the choropleth is catagorical.

So the legend displays the color and its corresponding count number.
What if I want to show the country name of the color as well? What should I do?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Karma

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hi,

I am also having this issue when I use featureIdField=Country at the end of my query I get the country names but I don't get the countries highlighted anymore. and If I don't use featureIdField=Country then I get all the countries highlighted in the map as well as get the country name and count highlighted when roll my mouse over it but don't get the country name in legend I just get the count.
can you help me here

0 Karma

SierraX
Communicator

Ok its a bit older but maybe 3rd Persons has similar problems:

| stats c(_raw) as failed by Country
| sort -failed
| head 5
| eval failed = Country + " - " + failed
| geom geo_countries featureIdField=Country

gives a legend like this:

alt text

amelbahrouni
Explorer

| stats by Country ,Cases |sort - Cases | eval Cases= Country + "-" + Cases | geom XX_states featureIdField=Country

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

The colors in the choropleth shows a range of values, it is intended to show the count in the legend. If you want to show the country name, you may want to look at geostats visualization.

0 Karma

keyloo

Thanks, but is it possible to have a legend of overall/total stats for gestates visualization (marker)?
And can the marker be marked in terms of country rather than geo location?

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend
0 Karma

keyloo

Guys, and idea? Thanks.

0 Karma

keyloo

Guys, and idea? Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...