Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I create capability to "add comment" as an action on a dashboard that I developed?

nadul56
Engager

I had developed a dashboard with events and added the capability of setting status on the event. I mean the user can take action on the events and now the requirement was to set the ability to add a comment on the action. Can anyone help me out how to do it?

0 Karma

poete
Builder

Hi. I did more or less the same starting from Splidget app (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3648/#/details)

Her is what I did:
I write into a lookup table the content of the comment, together with the information relative to the event (these information are then used later as a key to display the content of the comments in the dashboard). This is quite easy, thanks to the already existing code in the Slidget app.

On the UI:
enable the Splunkpad part of splidget on your dashboard
Upon click on the button used to set the status of the event (I assume there is such a button), take advantage of the Splunkpad code to create your own code to link the comment and the event).

On the spl part, use the lookup to add the display of the comment with the fields you used as keys.

Of course, this requires some js code behind!!

I hope this helps to get started.

0 Karma

mrgibbon
Contributor

How did you go with this?
I'd be eager to hear how you implemented the status for an event as well.
Thanks

0 Karma

micahkemp
Champion

Where do you want that comment to go?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...