Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I create a custom dashboard layout?

karthikeyan_k14

I have two separate panel, one is speedometer panel and another one is single value in dashboard.
I want to merge both panel in single panel visualization side by side. Currently I merged both panel, but its coming down. Not coming side by side.

0 Karma

karthikeyan_k14

no , I am not getting while mention height 150'.
its displaying top and bottom, not viewing side by side.
I need side by side of both in same panel.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@karthikeyan_k14, you would also need to convert to HTML Dashboard have you tried that. Once you created HTML dashboard you would need to make changes as suggested in Option 1.

niketn
Legend

@Karthikeyan_k14, You have two options

Option 1: What you have asked is possible in HTML Dashboard. You should be aware that once dashboard is Converted to HTML, you will loose simple UI based editing offered by Simple XML.

The moment you try to club two different visualizations under the same panel, Splunk created separate rows as shown below in <div class="panel-element-row">:

<div id="row1" class="dashboard-row dashboard-row1">
    <div id="panel1" class="dashboard-cell" style="width: 100%;">
        <div class="dashboard-panel clearfix">

<div class="panel-element-row">
                <div id="element1" class="dashboard-element chart" style="width: 100%">
                    <div class="panel-body"></div>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="panel-element-row">
                <div id="element2" class="dashboard-element single" style="width: 100%">
                    <div class="panel-body"></div>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>
  • The additional panel row can be removed in HTML
  • Also the width needs to be reduced as per the number of visualizations in each panel (i.e. for two viz it should 50% each)
  • Finally the style float:left; needs to be set to bring both visualization in the same row.

Following are the code code changes as mentioned above.

PS: Before converting the Simple XML chart to HTML, it would be better to keep height for both visualization as same.
Following is SimpleXML to be done prior to HTML Dashboard creation: <option name="height">150</option>
If you missed this step in SimpleXML, then in HTML Dashboard you can edit the Elements generation visualization to include height as well:"height": "150",

Following is a screenshot. Please let us know if further information is required:
alt text

Following is the Simple XML code for reference, which is built up to create mocked output:

<row>
    <panel>
      <chart>
        <search>
          <query>|makeresults
          | eval count="57"
          | table count
          | rangemap field=count low=0-60 elevated=61-90 high=91-100</query>
          <earliest>$earliest$</earliest>
          <latest>$latest$</latest>
        </search>
        <option name="charting.chart">radialGauge</option>
        <option name="height">150</option>
      </chart>
      <single>
        <search>
          <query>index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd log_level!="INFO" earliest="-24h" latest=now
| timechart count</query>
          <earliest>$earliest$</earliest>
          <latest>$latest$</latest>
        </search>
        <option name="colorMode">block</option>
        <option name="rangeColors">["0x65a637","0xf7bc38","0xd93f3c"]</option>
        <option name="rangeValues">[0,70]</option>
        <option name="useColors">1</option>
        <option name="height">150</option>
      </single>
    </panel>
  </row>

Option 2:Check out Status Indicator Custom Visualization and its examples to see how various font awesome icons can be added to Status Indicator visualization using rangemap similar to Simple XML.

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...