Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I combine CPU Usage and Memory Usage statistics into one Visualization?

u2s1e0n2

I need help combining the CPU usage & memory Usage statistics to render as one visualization. The command below was gotten from my Distributed Management Console(DMC).

dmc_set_index_introspection search_group=* search_group="*" sourcetype=splunk_resource_usage component=Hostwide
| eval pct_mem_usage = 'data.mem_used' / 'data.mem' * 100 
| eval server = host 
| dmc_set_bin
| stats latest(pct_mem_usage) as dedup_pct_mem_usage by server _time 
| dmc_timechart Avg(dedup_pct_mem_usage) as pct_mem_usage

dmc_set_index_introspection search_group=* search_group="*" sourcetype=splunk_resource_usage component=Hostwide
| eval total_cpu_usage = ('data.cpu_system_pct' + 'data.cpu_user_pct')
| eval server = host
| dmc_set_bin
| stats latest(total_cpu_usage) as dedup_total_cpu_usage by server _time
| dmc_timechart Avg(dedup_total_cpu_usage) as cpu_usage
0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this.. You can than format the chart so you can overlay the memory over the CPU

dmc_set_index_introspection search_group= search_group="" sourcetype=splunk_resource_usage component=Hostwide
| eval pct_mem_usage = 'data.mem_used' / 'data.mem' * 100 
| eval total_cpu_usage = ('data.cpu_system_pct' + 'data.cpu_user_pct')
| eval server = host 
| dmc_set_bin
| stats latest(pct_mem_usage) as dedup_pct_mem_usage latest(total_cpu_usage) as dedup_total_cpu_usage by server _time 
| dmc_timechart Avg(dedup_pct_mem_usage) as pct_mem_usage Avg(dedup_total_cpu_usage) as cpu_usage
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...