Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I change the layout of JS submit buttons

mwdbhyat
Builder

Hi there,

I have 2 buttons next to each other in a dash ( JS created) .. how can I set the spacing between them ? Right now they are kinda on top of each other and right next to the "hide filters" tab.

Right now the button is just simply button id="mysubmit" class="btn btn-primary">Submit button

Any thoughts ?

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

splunkian
Path Finder

In your JavaScript file I assume you have something like:

require(['jquery'], function($) {

const fieldset = $('.fieldset'); // Container for Splunk's input forms on dashboard.
    const submit_button = `<button id="mysubmit" class="btn btn-primary my-btn">Submit button</button>`;
    const another_button = `<button id="mysubmit" class="btn btn-primary my-btn">Another button</button>`;

// Append the buttons to the end of the fieldset container
    fieldset.append(submit_button);
    fieldset.append(another_button);

});

On the buttons, you can just add a custom class (for example .my-btn above), and then just add horizontal margin spacing around the button in a CSS file:

.my-btn {
    margin: 0 5px;
}

For me that works fine. If for some reason your buttons are still stacking you could try to force them to be inline by doing something like this:

.my-btn {
    display: inline-block;
}

You just want to make sure you also include the stylesheet in your dashboard e.g.

<form script="buttons.js" stylesheet="buttons.css">
  <label>Test</label>
</form>

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

splunkian
Path Finder

In your JavaScript file I assume you have something like:

require(['jquery'], function($) {

const fieldset = $('.fieldset'); // Container for Splunk's input forms on dashboard.
    const submit_button = `<button id="mysubmit" class="btn btn-primary my-btn">Submit button</button>`;
    const another_button = `<button id="mysubmit" class="btn btn-primary my-btn">Another button</button>`;

// Append the buttons to the end of the fieldset container
    fieldset.append(submit_button);
    fieldset.append(another_button);

});

On the buttons, you can just add a custom class (for example .my-btn above), and then just add horizontal margin spacing around the button in a CSS file:

.my-btn {
}

For me that works fine. If for some reason your buttons are still stacking you could try to force them to be inline by doing something like this:

.my-btn {
    display: inline-block;
}

You just want to make sure you also include the stylesheet in your dashboard e.g.

<form script="buttons.js" stylesheet="buttons.css">
  <label>Test</label>
</form>

Hope that helps.

0 Karma

mwdbhyat
Builder

Perfect.. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...