Dashboards & Visualizations

How can I add different tabs to each panel in my dashboard?

ksander14
Engager

I want to add some tabs panels in my page. I used this code:

<panel>
    <html>
        <ul id="tabs" class="nav nav-tabs">
            <li class="active">
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link1" data-token="link1">...</a>
            </li>
            <li>
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link2" data-token="link2">...</a>
            </li>
            <li>
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link3" data-token="link3">...</a>
            </li>
            <li>
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link4" data-token="link4">...</a>
            </li>
        </ul>
    </html>
</panel>

<panel>
    <html>
        <ul id="tabs2" class="nav nav-tabs">
            <li class="active">
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link5" data-token="link5">...</a>
            </li>
            <li>
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link6" data-token="link6">...</a>
            </li>
            <li>
                <a href="#" class="toggle-tab" data-toggle="tab" data-elements="link7" data-token="link7">...</a>
            </li>
        </ul>
    </html>
</panel>

but in this case if I choose tab in first panel, tab in second panel not shown, similarly if I choose . So, two panels work like one - I only can choose one tab in two panels, but I need choose one tab in the first panel and one tab in the second panel.

Can I create more than one normal tabs panels?

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

cmerriman
Super Champion

have you looked at the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples app? https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/
There is a Link Switcher example that I think is exactly what you're looking for.
You create some link inputs inside of a panel and set/unset the tokens when one is clicked. Then you use depends for the searches inside each panel.

View solution in original post

kkrishnan_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Use the same code and source the tokenlinks.js file which you can copy from the dashboard examples app.

0 Karma

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @ksander14, if @cmerriman solved your problem please accept the answer and close the question! 🙂

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

have you looked at the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples app? https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/
There is a Link Switcher example that I think is exactly what you're looking for.
You create some link inputs inside of a panel and set/unset the tokens when one is clicked. Then you use depends for the searches inside each panel.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...