Dashboards & Visualizations

Horizontal bar chart w/ JSChart

therealdpk
Path Finder

Is it possible to have JSChart render its bars horizontally? I've looked over the properties here:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/4.3/Developer/CustomChartingConfig-chartlegend

and it looks like "bar" is what I want ("The bar chart is a cartesian chart that renders data as horizontal bars"). However, when I try to use the charting.chart properties I get an error: "Misconfigured view 'overview' - Unknown parameter 'charting.chart' is defined for module JSChart. Make sure the parameter is specified in JSChart.conf."

Based on the example in the above document, I was using:

<param name="charting.chart">bar</param>

Is that indeed the correct parameter?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

paddygriffin
Path Finder

Right parameter but it's defined for HiddenChartFormatter which is usable in conjunction with JSChart or FlashChart. Simple example below.

bar

100%
400px

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...